Thursday, June 05, 2008

things around my house thursday, 15 & 16 of 52

Man, I really was sick yesterday! I ended up tossing my cookies around noon, and after that I had a low-grade fever (around 100) for the rest of the day. I'm feeling much better today, but a little run down still, a wee bit headache-y, and (all of the sudden) a bit queasy (probably because I tried to make another long to-do list today---duh).

Anyhow, here we are again, back to the "Art on My Walls" version of
Things Around My House Thursday 16 of 52

15 of 52



Now, this isn't presently hanging on my wall....and I'm not even sure I'd label it as "art" per se, because it's really just a greeting card that I fell in love with and so I framed it. The reason I'm making note of it at all, is because it is the image in my house that I have dragged around with me the longest. Seriously. It has been in every home I have lived in since probably around 1989. I don't know why it always seems to end up on a bathroom while, but that's fine. It means I get to see it frequently, especially since it is mostly the quote that resonates with me. In case it's not showing up well enough, it says,
"I think I am in this world to fine beauty..." --Louis L'Amour

I love the image, too---reminds me of backpacking, and being in Montana.


16 of 52


This is another greeting card turned framed "art" that I have drug around for awhile. Not quite so long, though....I am thinking maybe 1997. I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do. It makes me very happy.


Anyhow, both of these things are in the master bath right now, propped up on the edge of the "garden tub" (sounds fancier than it really is), and sometimes there is a candle or a smudge stick or something next to it. Like here, from last week's pics, if you are dying to see it again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week we'll take a look at some of the "real" art stuff ;-)

3 comments:

jodi said...

I used to sell those hand-coloured cards with the little kids. In all my time working in mall framing galleries and poster shops I probably sold enough of those cards (and laminated posters of the same images) to pay off my student loans.

Now there's an idea. . .

EkC said...

I love the greeting card turned "art"! Very cute.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

jodi ~ For a long time that was the only art I could afford. When I was finally able to spring for the real thing, your stuff was the first thing I bought ;-) It should be the next post (finally).

ekc ~ thanks!