Tuesday, April 18, 2006

100 years ago today, 5:12am

…was the Great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire.




Every year around this time (but especially this year, being the centennial), the local news programming airs historical perspectives. Then after they take us on a trip down memory lane, they launch into the earthquake preparedness schpeel, because well…we are pretty much waiting for next “big one” out here.

Today I went and checked my stash of earthquake supplies…water, radio, canned food, sterno, etc etc….and guess what I added to it.

A couple of skeins of Sugar & Cream cotton and some knitting needles.

Hey.
Don't laugh.
I’m figuring I’m going to be mighty stressed already, so why make it worse by not having stash around.

At least I can knit a dishcloth or two.

1 comments:

jodi said...

Better put some cashmere in there. After the apocalypse, only the acrylic will survive. It's kind of like cockroaches that way.