Wednesday, November 01, 2006

and so it begins...



NaBloPoMo.
A month of daily blogging. My little experiment with myself to see what spurts out and how quickly I can clean it up and make it presentable.

My goal is to have at least one entry per day that is something I can sink my teeth into. I want each day to post something noteworthy (to me), and I understand these might be things that do not seem all that salient (to you), if you are stopping by. You might just have many fun-filled days trying to figure out why on earth something seems of merit--but rest assured, if it's here this month--it's because it's important to me.

The random inserts of fluff shall continue. I will not deny myself the posting of the occasional giggle-inducing, time-wasting quiz, nor will I ever be able to completely squelch my natural inclination to prattle on. But my goal is to have a daily mindful post, even I choose not to write, but "say it with pictures".


Blog Fodder.
In reading other blogs, I've seen that some bloggers are crafting plans of attack for their blog fodder (haha: NaBloPoMoFo). I considerred writing out a list of 30 topics to follow, and I even examined the possibility of creating some sort of theme for the month. But I've decided to work on this more organically, following portions of the process I use to create a dance piece.

Now, I don't create a performance piece on a daily basis. It often takes months. So this whole notion of using this creative process for daily blogging could get real messy.
Watch for flying crap.
But the idea is for me to begin writing each day with something that really inspires me, to explore myself more deeply, to improvise with the topic a bit, and then clean it up and post it.

We'll just call them showings of works in progress or something, so I can feel better about it.


Things I Fear May Hinder My Success.
* Blogger.
I probably don't have to say much more than that.

* The Month of Minimum Days.
If y'all remember from last year, in our school district, November means 3 National Holidays, 1 Day off for the teachers to prep for conferences, and 9 minimum days. This means that during November, MyFK will only have 9 full-length school days. I actually think is more full days than last year, but either way--less computer time for mommy for sure.

* Big Legal Activity.
November also means meetings with my attorney and (cross your fingers it doesn't get rescheduled again) a mediation date. I have a pretty good hunch that might mean added stress, although I'm not trying to create that reality by projecting. (ohmmmmmm)

* Knitting.
I can think and knit, but I can't type and knit. At least not yet.
And I need to knit. Need.

* Reading Other Blogs.
There are people whose blogs I enjoy that are part of this wild ride with me...and I bet I find a few more blogs I enjoy as a result of this...which means more posts to read...which means less time to blog.
Interesting little predicament.



~~But I am the Queen of biting off more than I can chew.

11 comments:

JessZ said...

Good luck! Just remember you outrank the FK and everything else is potential blog fodder.

Mouse said...

I snorted my tea with the NaBloPoMoFo thing..
I have no plan besides not to completely embarrass myself or offend my entire sub list. Its pretty much up in the air.

Anonymous said...

We'll be reading ..

Have to say, I miss the weather, but the minimum days?
Not so much.

Carol said...

Okay, sweets, we are warned. Blog away!

I'm sure even your brain farts are interesting.

Anonymous said...

Heh -- you are not the only queen of that particular country.

I am crossing my fingers re mediation date. It makes it difficult to type, but I'm doing it.

an9ie said...

Hihi!

Your blog title caught my eye - love it :) - on NaBloWriMo (when will I learn to remember that word without cheating by looking in my bookmarks?) I've started reading your archives and they're funny and thoughtful at the same time. I look forward to more daily blog reading!

Cheers,
Angie

Anonymous said...

I found you from the NaBlo list. Good luck. I'm on both NaNo and NaBlo, so it will be busy. I'll be curious to see how you overcome the knitting vs. keyboarding thing.

Anonymous said...

"reading other blogs"

Like me, reading yours right now because you came up in the NaBloPoMo randomizer, instead of finishing the laundry I started folding or the music I need to organize or the three year old I need to clean up. Yes and amen.

Hannah said...

Yep! I'm trying this too. Can't wait to see what everybody comes up with! I'm always depending on telling everybody about what brand of cereal I had for breakfast and then inserting a picture of the three rows of stockinette I knit last night.

This is perfect timing for me, though. I am turning in the final draft of my book in a couple of days (which got blogged on The Gimp Parade! http://thegimpparade.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-cant-get-junius-wilson-out-of-my.html
)

Kay Olson said...

Wait! Are you doing NaBloPoMo AND NaNoWriMo at the same time? That's craaaaaaazy!

Good luck with the mediation and the writing!

Warrior Knitter said...

Yeah, I can't knit & type either. Bummer. But, I CAN knit & read blogs such as yours!

If blogger is being a pain, type up your post in a word processor then copy it to the "edit html" blog. That way you can write the post off & on then post it when you're ready. Blogger's spell-checker always screws up my spacing.