Tuesday, January 23, 2007

is this all there is?

Apparently I exist to fold laundry and to wash dishes and to change sheets and to vacuum and to cook and to clean and to help with homework, because that's pretty much all I did yeterday....rather than what I wanted to do which was to block the shawl, try to make friends with my new spinning wheel, and then blog about all of it.


It's a little disappointing that I can pass on what I really want to be doing in favor of what I should be doing, and still feel like that what should have been complete, is never finished.

I get it that housework here is never ending and is only about playing catch up, but sheeesh.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MyFavoriteKid started walking himself home from school last week, rather than having me pick up. It took me a couple of days to figure out that I wasn't the only one sitting expectantly and waiting for him at 2:45pm.


Roxy Sits on The Wall, Peers Over The Fence, Waiting for MyFK to Come Home

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of "Dog waiting for Boy to return home."

Now ignore those dishes and let yourFK eat cold cereal, I want to see your shawl!

~Donna~ said...

Good Doggie!

Hannah said...

Grab those moments while the pup waits for the boy and show us the SHAWL!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I jumped over here from another blog that's connected to Simply Wait.
Tomorrow just look past what isn't done and go do what you want. I can relate to how the day just gets away while you do all that cylical housework!
It's like we're dropping into each other's kitchens here!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

oops , I meant cyclical housework as in endless :D

Lorena said...

Holy... how *did* the dog get up there? Is he some sort of super-canine jumper dog...?

Signed,
Anxiously awaiting shawl pictures.

Diane said...

You forgot to add personal doorman for the dog...or at least that's what it feels like around here ; ) !

Gray said...

Roxy is a star! Great photo and nice story.

Kari said...

That is adorable. Poor doggie. He misses his playmate. It looks like he's wondering how come you haven't left to get the playmate yet.