Thursday, February 01, 2007

color block

I don't know about you, but I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the hell January went. Whooosh...and there you have it. An entire month just went whizzing by.

Getting into February, however, means I get to start paying attention to the colors blue, grey, and white.



I joined Project Spectrum this year, and I am really looking forward to it. I entirely missed the boat during last year's go-round.

I'm not intending on this being a driving force in my knitting choices neccessarily, although I did find it highly entertaining to start the process by whipping out all of the associated yarn. I really just pulled out the yarn as an easy way to get all of colors in one place. I plan to leave the basket in view for awhile to reflect on.

My personal plan with Project Spectrum, is to try to notice the colors within my surroundings, and see what, if anything, gets stirred up in me just by my observing. Rather than knitting in the suggested colors, I'm thinking lots of photos and maybe some writing, perhaps.

Of course I say I won't be knitting projects in the colors, but I am. Go figure. Little ol' Ms.F ickle, I am. Late last night in the witching hour, I cast-on for Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug (found in Scarf Style). The yarn is Rowan Kid Classic in a deep Midnight Blue, so dark it almost looks black (it's that one in the 2 o'clock spot in the basket photo above). I've been wanting to make this for awhile, and whaddya know...it's great timing with it also being one of the Project Spectrum colors.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I did not however (*ahem* Kathy!) cast-on, or pass go, or collect my $200 without promising myself to do this first thing in the morning:



A few more photos here.

I'll do a final FO report once it dries and I can get some good daylight for a proper photoshoot. Can't do that right now because the sky is grey. So instead I'll go ponder the overcast for awhile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Mazel Tov! Aren't you thrilled?

Was I too pushy? I don't think so.:)

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S lace! Congratulations!

Kerry said...

Stunning!!!

Carrie said...

AHHHH! I love the way a shawl looks when it's being blocked. Magic! You should be so proud! I love the color spectrum idea. Does that mean that you're supposed to enjoy grey days, or just notice them?

Anonymous said...

Observation is key when you are a creative force. Go, you!

Elysbeth said...

That trekking yarn can come live at my house : ).

Your shawl is glorious. Enjoy it.

zoesmomdebbie said...

Your shawl is incredible. I have yet to try lace. I'm glad I stumbled on your blog. There don't seem to be too many of us amputee knitters out there. Nice to meet you (I'm LBK). Have you investigated the C-leg yet? I hear that it makes you feel like you've got your leg back.

Be well and happy knitting,

Deb