Wednesday, April 02, 2008

i got a hug from this guy last night :-)


Dr. Wayne Dyer
(photos courtesy of TheMIG)

I was thankful to have even a few seconds with him, being that he was mobbed...


and this is what I said to him (pretty close, best as I can recount):

"I have always appreciated your work, but after a car accident I was in a coma for 2-1/2 weeks, and the television in my hospital room was left tuned to PBS. I was told that your lectures kept being rerun because it was a pledge drive. When I woke up, everyone thought I was I was going to fall apart when I realized I had lost a leg, because I'm a professional dancer. But I woke up knowing that I would just dance on one leg, and I never worried about it. A couple of months out of the hospital, I saw you on tv again, and I instantly knew that I'd heard you while I was in the coma. So I just wanted to say thank you for talking me through the coma, and I really believe you played a big part in my having a positive attitude about it."

Then he asked me if I was still dancing, and I told him yes, with two different companies. He asked me to show him a couple of dance moves LOL. Then he signed a book for me, he gifted me with a cd of his daughter's music, but best of all he gave me a big loving hug.

I'm not the disciple type, but since the accident I've always felt like he holds a special place in my life, so it was really cool to see him speak and to get a chance to meet him.

6 comments:

JohnK said...

Wow, just wow.

I got the biggest hit of you from that post.

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

So very cool!

Lorena said...

Beautiful; just beautiful.

Unknown said...

that's really cool.

Janice in GA said...

I bet that meant a lot to HIM too! I know it would to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely. It is very wonderful to have the opportunity to thank people who've helped us or given us gifts, especially when they never knew they were doing it. It's a whole other gift, like completing a circle.