Thursday, May 22, 2008

young@heart

I saw this video clip days ago, and I haven't been able to shake it. It features a choral group of seniors that cover some awfully popular artists (The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, David Byrne, etc).

Many many clips of Young@Heart are available on YouTube, but this one has been working me over since I saw it. Please click. I'll be surprised if it doesn't move something in you.
(ed. to add: this is cover of "Fix You" by Coldplay)



Here's a trailer about their upcoming movie.


And here is their official website.

I had to order their cd. I couldn't stand it. It was haunting me. They cover a Radiohead song called Fake Plastic Trees (video version...acoustic version, if you are so inclined). I've been thinking about choreographing/dancing/performing to that piece of music for years now.

The Young@Heart cd arrived in the mail this afternoon. Hearing their version of it (and the whole cd, actually) really has my creative juices flowing.

2 comments:

~Donna~ said...

I cried so hard when I saw that "Fix you" video..esp after knowing what happened before. I might have to get the CD as well...very very very moving...

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

donna ~ Glad to pass it along!