Friday, June 27, 2008

barely

It's 11:28pm and I am squeeeeeching in post (yay blog365 *sigh*).

I would like to be writing about something else, but I had rehearsals all day long for the upcoming Los Angeles tour, and the bulk of my evening was spent dealing with a child (ok, my child) who was complaining that I have ruined his life by making him an only child and that he never has anyone to play with and how come I never ever play with him.

*sigh*

Sometimes parenting can be so much fun.

Whee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did at least catch up on commenting back on everyone's comments. If you asked me something, the answer is sure to be there ;-)

6 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I have gotten that one about wanting a brother. Not so much once I pointed out that they don't come pre-set at playmate age.

What's the tour?

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

dragonfly ~ yeah, he launched into "all my friends have siblings" and then I reminded him that none of his buddies play with their big or little sisters (ohhh yeahhhh, riiiiight). Then he told me I should adopt someone really cool that is his age. LOL
The tour is with Dandelion Dancetheater, the modern company I perform with. I have posted about it in little ways around the blog, but very soon will be posting a full announcement here.

The Bon said...

Tell him D says that once you're grown up, it's kind of cool being an only child.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I've had that one too. But reminding that twice as many kids means half as much money and time per kid helped. He didn't like the idea of sharing me and he seemed a bit concerned about what kind of clothes he'd end up with...

~Donna~ said...

been there, dealt with that. He'll realize sooner or later that siblings can be a big pain in the butt when you're a cool teen. I'm at that stage now. He's very happy to be an only child.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

TheBon ~ I will definitely pass that along ;-)

dragonfly ~ ha! thanks for those thoughts. I passed them along. You're right--he hated the idea.

donna ~ t-t-t-t-teeeeenager??!!! Gahhhh!!!!! (don't freak me out LOL)