Saturday, July 12, 2008

packing. knitting. packing. knitting.

Packing.
All.
Day.
Long.

First I packed up MyFavoriteKid so he could head off for two weeks with his dad and grandparent.

Then I packed up RileyTheDogDogDog so he could be sent to jail (oops, sorry...I mean Wine Country Pet Resort). I'm sure they will take great care of him, but I am soooo sad and worried that he's thinking I am returning him to the shelter.

Then I packed myself up for two weeks of a working vacation. I head out tomorrow morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's some knitting content, just for kicks and giggles. I have completed two socks. Typical for a one legged person, they aren't from the same pair.




I had started the brown ones awhile back, but put them aside to work on the burgundy ones, as they have a time limit. I will be completing both entire pairs.

The brown ones should have been for TheMostImportantGuy, but unfortunately it's turned out a bit too tight for him, so when they are done, they will need a new recipient. They are a plain ol' vanilla sock knit out of Cafe Au Lait from Keegan Lane Yarns.




The burgundy ones are Dream In Color Smooshy (colorway In Vino Veritas) and the pattern is 9 to 5 Socks. I am knitting them along with a group I met on Ravelry called "San Francisco One Sock A Month". I got the first one done in June, and I am working my way through the second one now, which is supposed to be done by the end of July. Cool group, as we meet in person, as well as online. I made the June meet up, but sadly I have to miss July's as it is tomorrow, and I will be on the road!



I also have one more sock almost done, and it's a doozie. It's a yoga/pilates sock (ie no heel, no toes--so you can grip the mat), but it's an over the knee sock. I've never done anything other than crew length. This is my first time with calf shaping. I have about an inch left to go, and when I'm done I'm going to wear it to death through the rehearsals and shows to keep my muscles from going all wonky. I'll take a pic when it is done, and hopefully I will have internet access so I can share it.

Here's a little tease for now.



That was taken a week or so ago, just before I started the shaping. The yarn is "The Hills Are Alive", and is part of Sock Yarn Cinema, from Knit It Up!.
More on that when they're done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful projects! I just finished a pair of socks in Dream In Color Smooshy myself - its really great yarn. Sorry to hear the MIG's socks won't fit him. Bummer! Good luck with your over the knee sock and your travels!

~Donna~ said...

I saw the yoga sock in person and it's awesome!!!! Oooh, speaking of, I found my pattern on my laptop, so I'll be making a pair for myself...only they won't be going up that high. :)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

jenna ~ oh, your socks are cool!

donna ~ oh cool!