Sunday, November 09, 2008

pay it forward, 1 of 3

I finished this a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to post photos until the recipient had received it. It's one of my three Pay It Foward projects. The other two are in progress and the due date is November 27th (I had 365 days to do all three--leave it to me to take it right up to the last minute).

Clapotis (my ravelry project page)

Pattern: Link ~ Ravelry Link

Knit for: Barbara from Nova Scotia as part of Pay It Forward

Yarn: Black Bunny Fibers, Wool-Silk Blend, in the colorway "Rusty Rose" (purchased as a 4 skein set dyed specifically for clapotis, I used just under 3 skeins, approx 594 yds). This yarn was soooo yummy to knit up, had a great drape, and was very soft. There was no pooling anywhere.

Needles: US #8, KnitPicks Options
Mods: made more like a scarf instead of a shawl

  • Did the increase section 4x instead of 6x, ending with 83 sts
  • Knit the straight section 16x instead of 12x to make it long enough.

Finished Size: Well, I forgot to measure it after blocking and before sending (duh); I think it was about 16" wide and probably close to 60" long.


prior to blocking

Started: July 3, 2008
Finished: October 21st, 2008 (but I set it down for a long while in the middle. It was actually a fairly quick knit)

Notes: I would totally knit this again, and would love to have one for myself in midnights blues.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The colors are great and the drape is fantastic.