Wednesday, January 27, 2010

backtrack!

Hey! I forgot to share some knittin'.
(good thing, 'cuz I am wiped out, and this might help fend off TheBabbles)


Miss Marple Socks

These are socks that I was working on as part of a Mystery KnitAlong with the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry. I had until midnight EST on December 31st to finish them and also post a photo. The picture ablove will show you that I finished then while out to dinner (with my loving and most understanding family) on New Year's Eve. Right. There. At. The. Table. I got the photo uploaded 15 minutes before deadline. Talk about cutting it close.

Here's the details:
* My Ravelry Project Page
* Pattern: Miss Marple, by Star Athena
* Yarn: Dream In Color Smooshy, November Muse (the brown)
Knit It Up! Shiny Toes, Plainly Sensible/Charlotte Lucas (the blue)
* Needles: US 1, 2.25mm
* Notes: This was my first time using slip stitch colorwork on a garment (I've only ever done it on a dishcloth). It was a totally fun and addictive knit, and I really think they turned out quite spectacular :-)

8 comments:

Jolene said...

very nice! Makes me want to try that pattern... I really like your color choices!

FUZZARELLY said...

Cool, indeed! Love the patterning and way to go with the Brinksmanship!

Janice in GA said...

Those socks are extremely gorgeous!

AllyB said...

Each time I come here I find something amazing. Love the sock!

~Donna~ said...

Gorgeous dahling!

BeanMama said...

Those are so beautiful -- and even more gorgeous in person.

Gwen said...

Adrenaline Knitting!

Nice pair.

JennaKate said...

Great color combo, and nice knitting!