Thursday, January 21, 2010

varying degress of disintegration

Hate to bitch, but there isn't much else to say, as things are just falling apart. These are the times I regret my brilliant commitment to Blog365 in 2010. Even I don't care about what I have to say.



First it was that NotQuiteMyFatherInLaw has cancer (now how's that for a monniker...NQmFIL...is that a keeper? Ok. Good. He has been donned.)

Then Rodger died.

Then my parent's cat becomes very ill. Like they can't figure out what it is, and she's been in the hospital for two days with a super high fever.

Throughout I've been feeling invisible (ie..everyone is so wrapped up in their own shit that I dont even know who to talk with to process some or any of this, so I just shut up and blend in with the scenery).

And for the last 4 days I have allowed myself to become ridiculously stressed out by a situation with one of my dance partners. I will talk to her tonight about it and I'm sure it will help. She didn't do anything intentionally, and she doesn't even know that I am irked. What this means is that I have been over here by myself manufacturing my own stress over the issue (which is insane), which also means that I am now getting myself stressed about the fact that I create so much stress! Isn't that just peachy??!! ;-) Love when I take that path (sarcasm, indeed).

And now. You'll love this. I spilled wine all over that yarn I was spinning for homework for the class I am taking. RED wine. See, I washed the yarn, but wanted to speed up the drying process so I could knit the required test swatch before the next class. My brilliant idea was to hang the yarn over the neck of a wine bottle and dangle it off the kitchen counter, over a heater vent.
Except the wine had been previously opened and had one of those metal/rubber stoppers in it.
Or not quite in it, as it were.
I'm swift like that.




This really has not been a great couple of weeks for me.

5 comments:

~Donna~ said...

HUG!

Carol said...

Aw, darlin', I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad died unexpectedly of pancreatic cancer 2 days before Xmas and I'm still in a state of shock.

Sending much love your way while humming Howard Jones' "Things Can Only Get Better."

xoxoxo

Linda said...

Yea, seems like this week (Thursday in particular) has been a really crappy one around the blogosphere. But one of them (The Queen) has deemed that today will NOT be a repeat of yesterday!
Hope things look up for you real soon.

Ragnar said...

I would call it a new hand-dye technique and leave it at that.

Much love!

Jodie said...

Sending a big virtual hug your way as well as the mojo. Feel free to consider my email box a place to vent if you need it!