Sunday, June 27, 2010

a well rounded sunday

Today was unusually well rounded. I wish I would have taken out my camera for some of, but I was having such a good time for most of it that I totally forgot!

It didn't start off so great. The alarm went off at 5:30am so that TheMostImportantGuy and I could get to the zen center (but let's not think about that early wake up anymore--ugh). The early alarm was immediately followed by a huge bout of, "I can't stand my life, not any of it---especially this new haircut or color." It was an emotional episode that sent me into to tears and almost put me back under the bedcovers instead of out the frontdoor (but let's not think about that anymore, either).

Went to the zen center, and practicing proved to be a very helpful "reset button". Near the end I was asked to lead the "morning bell chant" for my first time ever (I've only ever done it a home alone). The morning chant is some twenty-odd minutes worth of singing plus several opportunities to hit a big bell, which I found to be a fun challenge (because the zen center bell is much bigger than my little homestyle version).

After practice, TheMostImportantGuy and I went out to breakfast with the monk and one other gal from the zen center. We went to a place called Venus that was so yummy, I cannot wait to eat there again.

Then I picked up KarenTheDancingLurker and she and I went to the inaugural year of the Oakland Fiber Festival. I picked up a new knitting bag and some very lovely fluffy stuff to spin. After that she and I headed over to A Verb For Keeping Warm and sat and had a really lovely chat with the wonderful Kristine. I also picked up some high speed bobbins for my spinning wheel.

Later in the afternoon I retrieved MyFavoriteKid from his dad's place, and when we got home he had a friend over right up until about bedtime, which gave me a little time to knit and read (and do laundry and clean the house, but let's forget about that, too!).

Nice day. Much time spent outdoors and around people I really adore :-)
Much needed. Good for the spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW: Wishing I was sleeping instead of blogging. And it's too hot. I have all the windows open. It's still hot. And because the windows are open the dog is barking at every little noise outside. So I might not be sleeping anyhow. But I'm going to try.

1 comments:

~Donna~ said...

When I first read in your post about the Oakland Fiber Fest, I was upset - "why didn't I know about this?" sort of upset. Then after a few seconds of thought I came up with "oh yeah, cos I'm a hermit and don't keep up with anything happening outside of my little world".

Not upset any longer. :)