Tuesday, August 24, 2010

too fried to type

I'm too fried to type much tonight, partially because it was a very busy day. Convalescent hospital rounds, a quick stop home in the afternoon to meet up with MyFavoriteKid, and then I had to head out to the middle school for Back to School Night.


Note the three minutes to get from one class to the next (I was actually thankful to be in a wheelchair---I was faster than the two-legged folk! A good portion of MyFK's classes are on a second floor, and I have finally learned to stop by the school office in the earlier in the day to pick up a little present they have waiting just for me: my very own personalized elevator key.

The other reason I am feeling fried is because my brain melted somewhere around 12:30 this afternoon. It was 95 degrees out when I was making hospital rounds, and by the time I got home the gauge in the car was reading 106!! I might just be a wee bit dehydrated, too.

Glass of water. Bed.

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

yeah...i got to the brink of heat exhaustion myself. Think it was mid-90s here in the warehouse. 106F by my place at home too. Gah. Really liking the cooling trend for the rest of the week. :)

Jodie said...

I used to get the special key in middle school. I was on crutches, but the stairs (with a ton of other not so aware kids) were just too much.

Kathy said...

Wow, 10 minutes to learn about what your kid's being taught and then 3 min to the next classroom? It's like speed reading! Thank God your son's school has an elevator -- many of the old buildings here in the NE don't.