Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Well, if the obsession to cover everything is knitting is going to grow, then now is the time to step up fabric production.

Weaving is faster than knitting...


...and my holiday present to myself this year was a rigid heddle loom.

I know.
I don't really need another hobby, right?
But hey, at least this one will help me use up the yarn stash on hand ;-)


I took a class awhile back, and I'm now in the process of reading, refreshing my memory, and learning to do the math to determine how much yarn I need to warp the loom for my first project.

4 comments:

~Donna~ said...

That is too cool. Can't wait to see what you make!

Have fun!!!

bibliogrrl said...

Oh gracious. I am SO JEALOUS.

I will eventually get an inkle loom - I actually have room for one of those. :D

Maggie said...

Ooooh, you are in for such a treat! I love Schacht's stuff ... but I'd better warn you, weaving can be addicting. Move over, knitting, here comes weaving. Welcome to the club!

Gina said...

I think I got your fortune cookie by mistake - "Start a new hobby or collection." There is definitely no room in my house for either, since new hobbies routinely lead to new associated collections.

I can't wait to see what new creations come flying off your loom. My mom gave me a loom a few years ago so I could "use up" my yarn collection faster. I don't think she gets it (or understands how easy it is to order boxes and boxes of yarn online.)