Sunday, February 20, 2011

bag o' death

Ohhh, I have a nasty head cold.

I felt it coming on like gangbusters yesterday afternoon. I kid you not. I felt perfectly fine, and then out of nowhere, I felt "the tickle" while we were driving up to MyFavoriteKid's performance with the Youth Symphony. We pulled off the road to hit up a drug store and buy some airborne and zinc before so I could nip it in the bud before I got sick....but I lost.

I am now filling up my personal BagO'Death (at my house, that's what we call the paper bag we stick next to our bed to catch our piles of used/diseased tissues).


I missed Stitches West this year...AGAIN.
Did any of you go???
Tell me all about it!!
I looooove being told stories....especially when I'm sick :-)

I'll read them tomorrow while I'm in bed blowing my nose and filling up my Bag and hopefully slurping on a bowl of chicken soup (if I can get my sh%t together).

4 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Stitches was this weekend? I'm so out of the yarny loop. I know you had mentioned it, but I thought it was next month.

Whatever - I can't deal with all the fumes anyway.

I'm with you on this one, hurry and tell stories everyone!

~Donna~ said...

ps...feel better. I'm fighting off a head cold too. Not to your stage, so hopefully I nipped mine.

Jodie said...

I'm sure you've heard about it but the neti pot works wonders. If you aren't up to nasal rinses, saline spray (super cheap at any pharmacy) can make a huge difference.

Seriously though, using one or the other has kept me healthy for the past two years. I just attack it whenever I feel that tickle.

Hope you feel better!

thestashattacked said...

Wish I could have gone. Sorry. No stories to tell you other than "Today I went to the bookstore."