Monday, March 28, 2011

say buh-bye

MyFavoriteKid headed out this afternoon for his 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.



We've been apart before, lots. He's even been on a week-long trip with school before. But it was at a camp one hour from home. This trip includes a trip by airplane, a lot more running around from place to place, the need for him to manage his own funds, and I shouldn't forget to mention that the kids are in their hotel rooms without chaperones (even though there is a supervising guard in the hallway).

I dunno. This trip just feels...."bigger".

This is also the first time that I've felt like the teachers in attendance were a couple of disorganized boobs, and it is making me nervous. But I have faith. Once they land in D.C., all is orchestrated by a touring company.

3 comments:

Pep said...

Hi!!

Interestingly I am in the same situation as you ... My son will travel to study end, to be living on an island he be required to travel by plane ... I do not think too much, but if I trust that everything will be positive, and I am sure that both you and I when they return the children, enjoy the journey with their stories ... Everything will end in a positive experience and very important for their coexistence in a team or group ... Children know to manage your money, that's another story;-))

A hug from the island of Mallorca!

Jill said...

It is bigger. So is he. I'm sure it will all be fine. Enjoy your week - take time to breathe, to meditate, to knit....

~Donna~ said...

We did that too. He was fine, I was fine...

Mine is off on a college tour this week.

I'm not so fine with that...

College...already?!? Gah.