Saturday, June 18, 2011

no snap saturday

Today was great, and I forgot to take any photos.

I woke up early with....drumroll please.....no pain, and no headache. I did the grocery shopping super early and beat the crowds, then came home and made breakfast for MyFavoriteKid and TheMostImportantGuy. KarenTheDancingLurker (my co-dance teacher) came over and we took care of class business, then I took her on a tour of the new house, and then back again to my place where I made a killer cheese and fruit plate. Gore-mette, it was ;-)

The rest of the afternoon was lazy, and then in honor of my dad, we watched the movie Groundhog Day....because every morning that I visited dad while he was in the hospital, I'd ask him how he was and he'd say it was Groundhog Day. One day he said that to one of the doctors and the doc didn't get the reference. The doc thought my dad was slipping mentally and really believed it was February (Doc: "Nooooo, Sir. It's JUNE, Sir.". Me: "Doc, he's making a joke about a movie where every day the main character wakes up and lives the same day over and over and over.". Doc: "Ok, sure" *raised eyebrow*)

The only little bummerz of the day have come when dealing with the other little hospital patient, the chihuahua...of whom I do have a photo of, but it's a little graphic-gross. It's a little hard to watch her, she so gimpy from the surgery and loopy from the meds.

There was a day-long retreat at the zen center today, but the dog is in the stage of needing 24/7 supervision and medicines and compresses and special food and needing to be carried to the water dish and carried to the potty area....so, oh well.

But today was a good one.

-----
Sent from my iPad

0 comments: