Wednesday, June 15, 2011

pain

I'm not sure what I have done to my back, but for the last 48 hours, I've been in the most excruciating pain of my life, I do believe. I can sit okay (dull pain), but when I try to stand, or even worse, take a step with crutches, I can barely straighten myself up or take a step forward.

I've been stretching and doing the ice-pack thing, and mostly watching myself react to the constant buzz of discomfort. It is so amazing to see how little room there is my brain when it's already full with something I'd rather not even be there!

Tonight I was driving (sitting! it's okay! it's getting out of the car that's the problem), and I had one of those squishy therapy ball things jammed up behind my back, and I literally heard something pop back into place. That was about 4 hours ago, and things have been slowly improving ever since. I'm not sure what was out of whack, but you can be sure I am mentioning this at my physical therapy appointment next week. Sheesh!!

1 comments:

not supergirl said...

Oh wow, I hope it continues to improve. Isn't it nuts how different those "pops" are perceived when you're in pain as opposed to comfortable? Glad you got the pain *relieving* kind!