Monday, August 15, 2011

explanationologies

Hoooboy, I feel like I have been quite busy! I haven't had a chance to check in with friends, or return phone calls...plus I have several tasks long overdue.

What happened is that I returned home from the Sock Summit trip on a Sunday evening, and the very next morning, MyFavoriteKid basically started school. Now, the first day of school "proper" is the day after tomorrow---Wednesday. But two weeks ago, "band camp" (marching band camp, that is) began, and so we've already had two weeks here of morning alarms, big breakfasts, and box lunches.

And I'm way out of shape. It's almost like I have forgotten how to do it all.
It might just be that I'm doing it in addition to all the special dog preparations and feedings.
Whatever. It's just taxing!

In addition to the school stuff starting up for the last two weeks, MyFK has also needed a physical, a bit of back to school shopping, plus there was the registration day, a now tomorrow an orientation day.....and then there were those out of town visitors and the house full of teenagers....and two more trips to the vet...and the trip up to TheMostImportantGuy's mom's to look at the furniture and clean out some of his dad's old stuff...oh and the day (yes, the entire day) it took us to assemble just some of the ikea furniture at the new house.

It's just been kinda crazy! Not bad....just....crazy!

So if I owe you a call or an email or a conversation, I betcha ten bucks I have thought about it quite a few times in the last two weeks (lots of time in the car running around for all of these things). I haven't forgotten you, and I'm not far...and you should always feel free to contact me if it's taking too long.

xo

0 comments: