Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the kind of clean no one else sees

With all the work going on at the new house, the existing house (where I still happen to live most the time) has suffered.

I am doing a spring cleaning. In fall.

The kind of cleaning that you work at real hard, but no one else sees. Like going into cupboards and getting rid of all the expired foods or medicines. Or getting rid of those undies with the not-so-elastic-elastic. Or tossing out that shampoo that I didn't really like, but couldn't seem to toss out the day I decided I didn't like it (stupid LOL).

So it's the sort of cleaning you can spend all day doing, and you get a real sense of accomplishment, but then you close the doors to the cupboards and it doesn't look like you've done a damn thing, or like you've spent the day lounging on the couch eating bonbons or something.

I guess I could just go running around the house opening and closing things to make myself feel better!!

1 comments:

~Donna~ said...

I just wrote a very simple version of the same thing on my blog.

My last words on the subject were "Just tell me I haven't been imagining all that hard work!"

Hee hee.

WE know things have been done, and that's what matters, right?

It sure would help if someone else noticed though. :)