Sunday, September 25, 2011

weekend successes & failures

A couple big hits this weekend. And one giant flop.

In the hit side of the score box....


Red pepper-potato dip with crudites. I can't find a link for to recipe for you because it's from the brand spankin' new Sunset Magazine (Oct 2011). Super yummy. The first time we ate it, it was still warm, because the potatoes were still warm from boiling. The second time we ate it, it was chilled. Loved it both ways. My only adjustment would be to use less garlic. I believe the recipe was spot on, but my garlic cloves were huge, and I didn't adjust down to the average sized clove. I kind of figured why not though. TheMostImportantGuy was battling a cold, so I figured the more garlic the better...partially because it's good for you, and partially because he was so stuffed up, he could barely taste things!

Next super yummy thing I whipped up was Grilled Herbed Tofu with Avocado Cream, and hey look...there's even a link to it.

If you ever need to make something for a vegetarian, this was super delicious and fast. If you aren't vegetarian, make the sauce anyhow. It would be awesome on fish or chicken, or even as a dip.
The leftovers even held up well overnight (which is what you are seeing in the photo, actually). The trick with storing an avocado sauce overnight is to make sure no air gets to it. I just threw the tofu into a container, spooned the sauce on top, but instead of topping it with a lid, I used plastic wrap pressed into the container, right on top of the sauce. A bit of the sauce sticks to the wrap when you remove it, but whatever...that sauce stays green.

***By the way, thanks to all who are posting or emailing me links to websites that can help me with the food stuff! I am so thankful!!! Keep 'em coming! Please!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for the big fail this weekend.

I haven't been knitting much, but this weekend I pulled out my fall sweater project...because I'd really like to wear it while it is fall, for crying out loud.

I got it out, refreshed myself as to where I was in the pattern, and between Saturday and Sunday (and all the cooking, laundry, and helping out sick Boyfriend)....the sweater doubled in length.



And I was getting so excited, and then I saw a big fat mistake (which actually ended up being two mistakes, upon closer inspection).

And all my progress became this:



*sigh*

Well, I'm going to get back to it and see if I can catch myself up to where I was.

1 comments:

eric said...

Hello I have been doing some research trying to locate other chefs that are amputees mainly those like me aka above the knee amputees to see how they have dealt with life and trying to find steady work in a kitchen..