Sunday, November 06, 2011

the uppity scarf

This knit was intended for me, but while finishing up the last few inches of it, TheMostImportantGuy lost his own scarf, and I don't know about where you live, but here in Northern California, it is feeling like winter is fast approaching!

I asked TheMIG if he might like this scarf when I was done, and he said no because it looked like it might be a little too “uppity” for him (which totally cracked me up, and from that point forward, I could only refer to this scarf as The Uppity Scarf).

Once the scarf was done and blocked though, TheMIG tried it on and he was super happy with how warm and cozy it was....and so he has kept it!

Impressive, considering that within his first few moments of wearing it another guy told him it looked a little “metro” on him.
LOL
(Personally, I think he looks smokin’ hot in it. Even if it is a little GQ for his normal style of dress.)


He asked me to sew on one of my new little labels I recently ordered that have my name on it. That just tickles me pink :-)


If you are interested in the labels, I ordered them from Mountain Street Arts on etsy. It was the first time I had ever seen labels where I could order 30 instead of 500 or something. I feel so fancy having my name on a label, in some silly sort of way!

If you want more details about the scarf (pattern, yarn, etc), click on over to the ravelry project page.

4 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Love the scarf, love that the MIG wears it.

Def love the tags. Think I'll have to treat myself to some.

Pickyknitter said...

I've been reading since you went to see the QEII... finally a name to put with the blog. Whew!

Linda said...

Rrrowf!! Definitely smokin'!!!

pam said...

Thanks for posting our labels. We appreciate it and love the scarf!