Saturday, December 31, 2011

another lap around the sun


Another year of Blog365 = complete.

Many other goals this year = incomplete.


This has been a year chock full of one unpredictable thing after another, hasn't it?! I set out this year with well thought out and attainable intentions, along with what felt like a very solid strategy to attain them. The biggies on my list were to blog differently, to spin more yarn, and to work on my relationship to food.

I didn't get very far at all. In fact, I only got as far as January 2nd. hahahaha

That was the day TheMostImportantGuy and I saw the house that we decided to set wheels in motion to purchase, and at least 50% of my energy has been spent assisting in the renovation of said house (and renovations will not be completed until next year, at best). The other 50% of my energy this year was spent helping MyFavoriteKid transition into high school, helping my dad deal with a first (and now a second) life affecting illness, nursing two dogs for an entire summer after a dog attack and various surgeries, dealing with my own hand injury and booby-lump-scare, and finding out that working on my relationship to food was also going to include dealing with having to grapple with the oddest grouping of food sensitivities I could have ever assembled in my wildest imagination.

While this year really has not been all that bad, it has been no picnic. Nothing this year went quite as I had planned. The blog suffered, and I think my goal to spin a pile of fiber once a month lasted into mid-February.

I've spent most of this month of December trying to figure out what to do with the blog here in 2012, and whether or not to continue posting daily. I really don't care much for the quality of writing I did here this past year, and it really feels like I need to spend a day or two or three writing and editing one single post, rather than shoving something together late at night when I am too tired. That being said, posting every day is probably the only thing that I make myself do every single day, and it's an anchor for me that I am not sure I am prepared to part with at this point.

I'm not exactly sure where I am headed yet this next year, but at this point, I think that this is the direction I am pointing myself towards:

* I've been saying this for years now, and I really want to follow through: I want to learn how to use the features on my camera, and how to use photo editing software, so expect to see more photos.

*I'd like to write a few entries that are more like essays or short stories. I have so many of them in my head, and I need to get them up and out.

* I know I want to knit more (spinning too, but I am on a knitting bender right now, and loving it), so there will probably be more yarn stuff here.

* My relationship to food is changing whether I like it or not, and there have been revelations that I need to pursue more deeply, and that I need to write about, because I have been keeping them to myself, and it is not working.

* And.....I need to read more blogs. Because I haven't been. I am sick of living in the hermit-hole. Part of my hope for this year is to read more about you and write less babble about me.


Thank you, all of you, for your comments, your advice, your support, and the laughter you brought to the table this year. It has been soooo appreciated. I wish I could have you all over for a cup of tea so I could give you a hug in person.


Please:
If you have a blog, please please please email me your blog address (AmpuTeeHee~at~hotmail~dot~com) or pop your blog address into the comments so I can add you to my blog-feed-reader-thingy. Do it for me even if you think I have it, okay? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm making a new reading list! Thank you thank you.

I hope all of you have a splendid New Year's Eve, and know that much mojo is being sent out for each and every one of you to have a joyous and prosperous 2012.

Much love, and much light~
bonnie (aka AmpuTeeHee)

7 comments:

not supergirl said...

Thank you for sharing so much of the year with us. I can't even remember anymore how I first found your blog, but I've enjoyed it ever since.
Like so many people, I am ready to put 2011 well behind me. I'd always considered myself pretty fortunate, and in many ways, I still do, but what a horrible year it's been. Long stories short: cancer. It took my sister (wife and mother to three lovely little girls)at 36. It took my mother-in-law at 75. And it even took my sweet dog, Betty. And now, one of my dearest friends is threatened by it. So, 2011 can go. I hope so hard that 2012 is better, for me and for anyone else that had a shitty 2011, too. I can count on change, so I'm doing that. :)
Happy New Year, may it be good one!

Unknown said...

Next year has GOT to better than this one.

My blog is www.fashionablylatetotheparty.blogspot.com

I hope I'll be feeling better in 2012, so I can write more, including on my blog.

~Donna~ said...

Thanks for letting us spend another year in your head. :)

May the New Year bring us all the changes we need, ones we can handle easily would be great.

Happy New Year to you and yours, and all your readers.

You can still find my random ramblings at www.donnazchaos.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Thanks for another year of sharing your life with us. It makes me laugh that I feel as if we're good friends, even though you don't know that I exist. I never comment, but I get a lot of energy from reading about your life. Hoping you have a great New Year. Love your new house:)

FUZZARELLY said...

I love your blog, and I love that you love my silly comments.


The past year for me has been difficult, but in the end, so freaking good for me! I love my new home, I love my new friends, and I love my new dog.

I have taken steps to take care of me; seeing the dentist and eye doctor, visiting a therapist weekly, and letting my friends give me pedicures and hair treatment.

I hope you continue to post daily.

Helen said...

I'm re-assessing my blogging as well - I think it's a New Year's thing!

Mah blog is at http://relocatedknitter.blogspot.com/

Karensu said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie!

My blog is mostly photos--if that interests you, feel free add the following to your list!

http://light-of-summer.livejournal.com