Tuesday, January 10, 2012

full of complaints...

Nothing is really wrong-wrong, but today everything is tainted by the fact that I am in a pretty decent amount of pain. Last week I pulled something in my back behind my right shoulder blade, and my standard arsenal of fix-it maneuvers aint fixin' it. Every morning I wake up and it feels like it's just getting worse (at present, I have shooting pains traveling all the way down my arm).

Because I am ouch-y, every other wee little nothing of an event that would normally just be slightly irksome, well.... it's now becoming a big deal. Pain has a way of discoloring everything, doesn't it?! I keep catching myself squooshing up my face, and then when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I'm looking like the crabby old troll living under a bridge.

Since I really don't need to see any more of the written version of my whiny voice, I think it's best if I just go back to what I've been doing to keep my mind off things (even though I am pretty sure that what I am doing is also turning out to be one of my complaints!):

I am knitting what feels like miles and miles of stockinette stitch (for the non-knitter, it can be a bit of a snooze-fest). I'm not quite sure how that it happened that everything I have on the needles right now is booooo-rinnnnnng, but none of it is distracting me enough from my physical complaints.


Need. Lace. Or. Something.

Served straight up with a sidecar of muscle rub ;-)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, get better, okay? I am sorry you are hurting. Seems like so far 2012 has been a year of pain, at least here at my house! Not you, too!

Darn Knit Anyway said...

Hello! Wandered onto your blog through ravelry as I too spend way too much time on it!

I had the same thing happen in my back. You seem have a slipped or herniated disc. I say get thy self to an MRI asap.

I spent 5 days with my hand on the back of my head. It wasn't pretty:)

Hope it isn't what it was for me. On the plus side, a cortisone shot in my c6/7 and physical therapy has made me right with the world again.

Take care,
Aimee
darnknitanyway.com

Here's my post about the injury.
http://darnknitanyway.com/blog/?p=2986