Thursday, April 12, 2012

crazy day, happy ending

Alrighty, friends. Raise your MagicMojoWands for my dad, will ya'??

If you have been following along here for awhile, you may recall that last year my dad was diagnosed with a crazy rare blood disorder called vasculitis. Well, it's looking like it may be rearing its ugly head again. He's been having difficulty breathing and yesterday I brought him in for a chest x-ray. By this morning the docs were calling my mom and telling her to get him over there toot-sweet, and by the afternoon he was having more lab-work and they drained his lungs. I was told they pulled of a liter and a half of fluid, and when they followed up with another x-ray there was still fluid left.

I think the next step is to wait to hear back after the biopsy the fluid, and until all the various players on the medical team can have a pow-wow.

Which they need to do, because on Monday my dad is scheduled to start radiation for prostate cancer (when it rains it pours, right?? shessh!). I think I gave a nod to this cropping up late last fall, but I haven't really gone into it here on the blog. Forgive me.

Anyhow. Mojo. Prayer. Light. Whatever it is you do, if you have any extra, please send it this-a-way. There is a distinct need. Thank you so much.


On a lighter note, I am just getting home very late from dance class, and guess what happened while I was gone?! MyFavoriteKid totally cleaned my kitchen!! (and it was a wreck) Without my asking, I might add! A total surprise. And when I thanked him, he told me to go get some sleep, which I think is a mighty fine idea.

And I will go now and do it! :-)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Your son showing respect for the situation you're facing with your father's health...what a wonderful way to support you and to thank you for all that you do for him. Here's to strength for you, in whatever is to come.

Jen Anderson said...

Sending mojo your way.

The Bon said...

Love and good thoughts for you guys. Hang in there!

Kerry said...

You've all been in my thoughts and prayers. Was your dad able to start chemo today or did they have to postpone it? I hope he's strong enough to start soon. Hugs and love to you!