Sunday, April 08, 2012

guilty!

I am guilty! Of watching wayyyyy too much television tonight!

I watched Game Of Thrones as it was aired with TheMostImportantGuy, and while we were watching that, I was recording the 2nd part of Great Expectations on PBS.....and so I watched that next! Now it's almost midnight and my brain is stuck in several different eras and stories and periods of fashion!


I kind of needed to veg out. Today was rough. TheMIG and I went to several different places (whomever was open on a holiday) to look at countertop options for the kitchen. It's honestly so overwhelming to me at this point. The amount of tasks and research that need to be done, the decisions that need to be made, the financial factoring. The conflicting information that we get from contractors and salespeople and the internet. It's just too much sometimes. And we've been remodeling almost non-stop for a year. I just kind of had an itty bitty breakdown today. We pulled into the driveway of the house so we could go inside and measure this and that (and that and that and this and that)....TheMIG went inside to start, and I was getting my wheelchair out of the car and took a second to just rest while sitting on the tailgate, and since I was alone I just started sobbing. I just needed to. The poor MIG came back out, I guess to see where I was because I was supposed to be recording down the numbers he was measuring out, and he caught me there having "my moment". Oy.

Well, it was short lived. Back to the task at hand, and we still have more scouting and shopping and researching to do.

Thank goodness for chocolate and too much television though. Right??!

0 comments: