Saturday, December 15, 2012

snaps on saturday

Realllllly crappy photos today, taken at the Be A Blue Devil for A Day Workshop .

The kids were polite about it and just grinned at me when I said, "You really don't want me hangin' around here, do ya'."  So all I could get was a photo of one of the four trucks full of instruments that pulled up as I was leaving.


Well, ok.
I snuck in a picture from my car (yay zoom lens!) while the kids were awaiting instructions about helping unload ;-)


And then I came back 4-1/2 hours later and watched the last 15 minutes of the finale when they got all the sections together in one room for a little musical finale with a whooooole lotta musicians.



Auditions on January 6th, and it's sounding like MyFavoriteKid is gonna go for it.  He'd be trying out for B-line, but he fears the competition will be heavy. He said today there was about 30 other snare drum kids.  They will only need 9.  Either way, he's excited to just try out and gain the experience. And if he gets in, it's going to be a loooooong January through August for this here Band Mom (because really, when they recruit the kid, the recruit the parent, too...ya know.)

And I'd be happy to do it :-)

0 comments: