Thursday, January 02, 2014

preamble

It feels like "the early days of January" posts should be forward thinking, but alas....I am feeling very reflective. The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity (hence no posts), and I'd like to share some it with you over the next few days.

TheMostImportantGuy has a Newphew(TheOlder) and a Niece(TheYounger) by way of his only and elder sister, and brother-in-law.  TheNephew is 21 and had returned to living at home after a stint out on his own. His presence back at home was creating drama beyond belief (up to and including some legal action). It's not been pretty. And TheNiece, who is 18 and in her senior year of high school, has been under quite a bit of stress with all the family upheaval.  She was feeling uncomfortable at home and staying and friends houses, and with the drama with TheNephew still unfolding, we invited her to spend her winter break with us.

At first I was.  What the heck am I going to do to keep an 18 year old girl entertained?!?! I wasn't doing anything but getting in trouble when I was a young girl, so I certainly cannot look to myself for inspiration. And although I do have a kid of my own just a year younger, he is all boy. TheNiece is all about the pink and cuteness. 

MyFavoriteKid was slated to spend most, but not all, of his holiday break at home, too....and MyFK also wanted to have a buddy of him own come stay with us for a few days (three teenagers in the house! yikes!). TheMostImportantGuy was also getting a much needed break from work, and I really wanted to him to enjoy himself, too.... so I needed to come up with things that pleased all.

Well, I came up with a list of ideas of things to do, and everything pretty much worked out!

Over the next couple of days I'll share pics of our escapades :-)







0 comments: