Wednesday, February 12, 2014

the peanut gallery

I was at the cutting table in the center of medium sized fabric store (Hancock) yesterday, when across a walky-talky came, "Anne? Can you get me a screwdriver??"

Anne, who turned out to be my cutting lady, started asking the cutter next to her, "What?? Did she say screwdriver?? What does she need a screwdriver for??"  She tried to reply on the walky-talky but she couldn't figure out how to work it, so she yelled from the center of the store, all the way up to the register, "A SCREWDRIVER???"

The lady at the front yells back, "YES! CAN YOU PLEASE GET ME A SCREWDRIVER!! I NEED A SCREWDRIVER!!"

So I yell, "AND CAN YOU GET ME A VODKA MARTINI???? I NEED A VODKA MARTINI!!" (sorry, I couldn't resist)

And then from somewhere in the back corner of the store in the home decor section comes, "AND A MARGARITA??? ON THE ROCKS??"



Then you heard just about everyone in the store cracking up (except maybe the lady at the register), giggles floating up above bolts of fabric.