Wednesday, July 11, 2007

smoke signal

Moving day is (finally) here. It's happening this Friday.


just a portion of the wall o' box

Yes, I am moving on a Friday the 13th.

No, I do not think it is a bad omen (besides, the first full day in the new house is a new moon, which in my mind trumps that).

Yes, it has literally taken me this many weeks to both pack up the old house and also get the new house ready. I am frustrated that this whole packing process, plus dealing with multiple contractors at the new place, has sucked the life out of me...and I am bummed that it and kept me away from my blog (not only mine, but yours, too). There is no way in hell I would have gotten everything done if I was distracted by the warm fuzzy glow of my favorite screen, though.

Thanks soooo much to all who emailed or posted to ask me how I am doing.
I am doing fine.
I cannot, however, say the same for the cat:


clearly there have been a few occasions where it has been every "man" for himself

I cannot wait to be out of the old house and into the new one. You can't get me out of here soon enough. Occasional little outings in the new neighborhood have been the only thing that has saved me from....ohhhh....putting a bag over my head.


sound advice from Dell's packaging dept.


I have plenty to look forward to. Look at my new hood...


taken about 15 minutes north of my new place...I took the shot from the passenger seat while the car was moving....I didn't even notice the bunnies until just now!


one really great burger joint sitting on a quiet stretch of
river


Just a few more days and the dust will settle (yay!! no more dust bunnies!!...just real ones)....

and then I'll be back ;-)

14 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooooo I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Those are some cute bunnies that live just up the lane. I hope everything goes smoothly with the moving in, and we'll be seeing you in blogland soon!

Gray said...

That looks beautiful. I am so glad that this had worked out for you, and empathize with all the work and anxiety of the move.

Thanks for posting. Best wishes fot tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope it's all easy from here on out!

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Saw you posted and all I could think was, "Yeah, she is alive!" And now I've got Flyleaf in my head singing I'm alive. hehehe

Sorry that the move has been such a booger so far. Hopefully the actual moving of the stuff will go smoother.

Anonymous said...

Cool photos! Good luck -- should be smooth(er) sailing from here.

Anonymous said...

So glad moving day is finally here! Yay!! Is your FK excited about moving now? I know he was concerned about leaving his friends and the area he knows.

Is your cat really silver? She's gorgeous!

And I love the bag icon -- though it looks to me like "don't sing in space"

Margo

Anonymous said...

I love that Dell graphic. Wonderful.

Glad to hear everything is progressing apace. Wasn't actually worried, since I know what moving is like -- all-consuming, that is.

So will you have your IV, I mean, internet connection up at the new place within the week?

Best wishes for a smooth finish to this transition.

Anonymous said...

The photo of the cat makes me crack up. I can't wait until I can find the time and money to come visit you in the new digs! Miss you B!

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're ok, even if the cat clearly has lost his mind. Hope the moving/unpacking goes well!

Sheepish Annie said...

I was wondering how the move was coming along. So glad to hear that you are approaching the finish line. Have a great relocation and we'll see you when things settle down!

Warrior Knitter said...

Thanks for the update. Been wonderin'. Hope all is going well in the move. Love your new hood!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move! Hope it was as painless as possible.

Ragnar said...

I was moving on Friday the 13th too! I'm basically settled in and I hope that you are too! Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Here's hoping that the move went successfully and you haven't been devoured by bunnies!