Friday, November 23, 2007

nablomis interruptis

Once again, it's just before midnight and I've realized that I have yet to post today. It's 11:36pm, and I cannot be bothered with NaBloPoMo tonight because TheMostImportantGuy's cousin and her hubby are visiting tonight, and we're busy getting her knitting her very first socks!!!



She's a relatively new knitter and has done scarves and hats. When she got here tonight, I had a gift bag waiting for her with a set of sock needles and a ball of self-striping yarn. I showed her how to turn a heel and pick up gusset stitches on the pair of FuzzyFeet I am working on.

We are having a blast. It's almost midnight and we are all sitting around in the living room together right now. The boys are talking about all things business and computer and geeky....and meanwhile, us girls are knitting away. GirlCousinTurnedSockKnitter will occasionally whisper, "Blue!!"...."Yellow!" She is totally entranced with the color changes, and it's totally cracking me up.


I swear I'll try to get in a non-last-minute-post before the weekend is over!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I gotta say, with all respect, admiration and wistfulness, that is SOME RACK you got there. (;

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Dude, that aint MY rack. That is COUSIN's rack hahahaha.
And I admire it, too.

Carrie said...

Awwww, what an awesome gift! It sounds like fun =) Good on ya for converting someone to the fun of sock knitting!