Friday, November 16, 2007

the one in the black

Every time I go to one of these gothic-y industrial-ish things, I always seem to forget there is a dress code.


You know. "Oh yeah! Just look for me when you get there, dude! I'll be the one in the black."


Yeah well, leave it to me to show up looking like this.

How very gothic of me. hahahahahaha
Super shiny silver leather, a turtleneck, and a honking strand of freshwater pearls.

Well, at least I sorta got the bottom half right, I guess.

Mini-skirt, fishnets, black boot and kneesock (singular), which has a cute pink bow. Oh. And let us not forget the matching handbag LOL.

Actually, I felt great about what I had on. I've been working on making a new look for myself, and this is workin' just fine by me.

In all seriousness, I have never been one to care much about fitting in. Did I ever tell you that I was nominated "Most Unique Senior" even though the ballots were cast only two weeks after I had started attending the high school? I didn't even KNOW anyone there, I was new to the school, and I got nominated as most unique senior as a WRITE IN. Let just say,...I uhhh...sorta stuck out (and that was when I had TWO legs! maybe that's why I didn't win?!!)

Anyhow, I thought I looked cute last night. And TheMostImportantGuy thought I looked great (he said so like three times--yay!)...but hey...he was also the only other person in the place besides me not wearing black. He was wearing red.

TheMIG was in the headlining band AND he was the sound engineer for the whole night.

I looooove it when he's in that role. I spend most of the night just watching his hands push buttons and twist knobs. It is one of my favorite pastimes and fascinates me to no end.



I love His hands. I could watch them for hours.

Although, I equally like watching him when he drums, because he sort of "goes somewhere," and I really like watching that shift in Him.



It was one of the first things I adored about Him, because I "go there" too when I dance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are headed out of town for a romantic getaway to a quiet place that has no tv's or phones in the rooms, and is out of range of cell phone service. I am hoping I am able to find a way to post tomorrow somehow, otherwise I will have NaBloBlownIt.

4 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Does Blogger have a delayed posting option? I use that in Typepad a fair amount.

Have a great weekend!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

is THAT how other people pull off NaBloPoMo??!!! poo!
I have no idea if blogger can do that. I'm too much of a dork to figure it out. But that would be cheating!

Anonymous said...

I think you look fabulous. It's a subtler, more grown-up goth.

Besides, which is tougher and darker, really? Tattoos and nose piercings, or a freakin' stump?

Heh.

Gray said...

Sounds like a great outfit for that evening.

-Gray