Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ymmd

Since yesterday I have had that "alone in a room full of people" feeling.

Yesterday we had the tech rehearsal for GO! and it left me feeling completely off my center. The movement and logistical bits all worked out fine, but I felt like I was totally disconnected from the other dancers. I couldn't feel them. Well, that's not true. I could feel the other dancers, but I could not feel them feeling me.

It was like I could feel the energy of each person individually, but there was no energetic thread connecting us. Everyone felt so inwardly focused, we seemed completely separated from each other (but not by space).

If that makes any sense.

Anyhow, I prefer to feel connection when I work, and in the case of this particular piece, it's kinda of important to be able to feel where each other are because we are doing a dance where you can't really see each other all that well.

Then I came home from rehearsal and got all meepy about the fact that nobody commented on yesterday's post. Which is not my way of asking that anyone go and comment now LOL.

I'm just saying...I got all out there emotionally on the blog yesterday, and it was like a vacuum. It just deepened that "I'm alone in a room full of people" feeling.
That feeling makes me squirmy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathy
perked me up a bit today, however. She gave me a "You Make My Day Award." (thanks Kath! Perfect timing, too LOL). I am honored, and thank you for such a warm description of my blog :-)




The Instructions: "give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."


It was really tough to pick and choose, but I think I accomplished the goal of making a list of blogs that I can consistently count on to make my day. By "making my day" I'm not saying that I will necessarily get a smile or a laugh out of reading, because that's not what "brings me happiness and inspiration" means to me. This is truly a list of blogs that make me think or feel or act, or make me want to create something.

Here we go, (in alphabetical order):

Bloody Crafts
Ok, so this blog does always make me smile. The cheeriest visual crafty images ever.

Dances With Wool

Lene writes beautifully, her knitting is gorgeous, and she has a way of describing her very long days and nights (she lives way up north) in a way that makes me feel like I understand what it would be like to live that way.

Echoes of A Dream
If I were allowed to wave a magic wand and be someone else for a day or two, I'd want to be Simmy Bains.

Go Knit In Your Hat
My favorite well balanced blog. Gorgeous hand dyed yarn, some of the best and most useful knitting book reviews anywhere, wit and interesting tidbits, plus a little peak into her family life.

jodi's weblog
The second blog I ever read (although it was my first knitting blog). I was hooked right off the bat when I saw that she had knit a dress out of speaker wire and then hooked it up to play the sound of her knitting needles. Jodi is a well known knitwear designer, a fantastically creative artist, and just an interesting person.

Moving Right Along
Sara, I know I don't comment much, but I do read. You just say it all so well, I either don't have anything intelligent to add, or I need to go off and sit in a cave for a few days and think about it. (I "met" Sara on a board for female amputees where she had many interesting and helpful posts, and then I followed her on over to her blog).

Napkin Please
John. Well, I just love John. I need to find a way to get myself adopted into the family or something. John is an amazing artist using hand and machine knitting as his medium. Plus he's kinda silly sometimes :-) Oh, and I think we should find a way to work with him and save a wool mill.

Out of Character
Ok, this one makes me laugh, too. In fact, I have make sure I go potty before reading. Oh, and no drinking while reading, either. Erin is also the creatrix of the zombies.

Ramblings of the Bearded One
Great writer, fun read, always interesting. I especially appreciate his emotive honesty when describing his personal experiences.

Wishes & Heroes
This blog of handmade items (photos only, as I can't read the text) inspires me beyond belief. She makes these little dolls called "bolsos" that are all the same shape, but each one has a completely unique fabric, texture, decoration, etc. I am amazed by the creativity she finds in repetition.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks again Kathy!

8 comments:

JohnK said...

oh, honey...if you didn't know it already... You are adopted.

Mouse said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Aww I didn't comment because I didn't want to add my inx to what ever it was you didn't want to jinx - if that makes sense.....

Kim Ayres said...

Thank you for the award :)

After reading your last post (well I had to after your comment in this one...) I realised it's a while since I was last over here. I then realised it's because I didn't have you on my sidebar. This has now been rectified - you are now officially part of my tea & biscuits :)

JohnK said...

Oh, and I am bouncing it right back to you because, really, You Make My Day.

bloodybunny said...

ooohh...
thanks for the flowers
:D

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks, Bonnie. :) I will probably just end up giving it back to you even as I pass it on to others (eventually; I'm suffering meme backup, which is really not as uncomfortable as it sounds, I swear). See, you make my day, too, often. :)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

john ~ yay! I am part of the family! (and thank you for giving me the award, too *smiles*)

mouse ~ love you mousie.

guernseygal ~ yes, it totally makes sense, and YEAH! Do not inx the jinx!!

kim ~ Thanks for stopping by. I am honored. Especially to be part of tea+biscuits! (I wonder how I can make raw biscuits...hmmmm...)

bloodybunny ~ you are welcome!

sara ~ you are welcome! :-)