Saturday, February 02, 2008

"b" is for....

...bones.



As a dance teacher that focuses on the principals of ideokinesis, I am always thinking about the bones.



As a dancer/performer, am I often intrigued by having my movement initiate from the bones (in fact, the current piece I am performing with Dandelion, "Spinal Fluid," is all about moving from the bones).



And, just a little tidbit, as an "above the knee amputee", I have less bones than I started out with. (I'm not exactly sure how many less, but I believe it to be 30-1/2).





what is abc along? click here



All images from "The Architecture and Design of Man and Woman: The Marvel of the Human Body, Revealed" Alexander Tsiaras, text by Barry Werth

4 comments:

The Bon said...

Hope your performances are going well! *mwah!*

Anonymous said...

I love these images.

Merde again. :)

Carol said...

Less bones, maybe, but way more heart.
Mwah.
xoxo

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

bon ~ yes, they are. Thanks!

sara ~ neat, eh? And, thank you!

carol ~ oh, so that's where all that extra blood pumps to...?? teehee *mwah* back at you!