Wednesday, June 25, 2008

what i'm listening to and thinking about

The last solo I choreographed was called "Another Version of The Truth". It's performed to two pieces of music, the first by TheMIG's band Scar Tissue, and the second song is how I came to the title of dance....fittingly.



(not to be all directive, but it's one of those pieces that really aint worth listening to unless you listen all the way through. imho. so listen, or skip it.)

I've been preparing to revisit the piece. I have a feeling that this piece somehow funnels into my next chunk of work. I feel like there is a trilogy developing and this is the seed.

Anyhow, at this stage, I'm doing a whole lot of thinking, feeling, and listening to the music in all sorts of settings just to see how it filters through me. It's part of my process.

I'm trying to see if there is a way I can get the video onto the blog one of these days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS...I'd behind a few days on replying to comments. I plan to catch up tomorrow, and I reply to comments IN the comments. Sorry for the delay.

3 comments:

Naomi Mimi said...

what kind of dancing to you focus on? i would love to see a video clip of the actual dance when you have one. that music talked to me a lot, i'd like to see what you heard it say :)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

naomi ~ Well, by profession, I bellydance (I perform and teach, and co-direct a troupe). I also work with a modern dance company in SF from time to time. I am going to try to get this piece on video. It really is a merge of both styles, but the fun part about it? It was performed wearing a mask ;-)
For me, the piece had a lot to do with being authentic and peeling away layers.

Thanks for being interesting enough to inquire!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

naomi ~ ok, INTERESTED enough! But that makes you interesting, too ;-) LOL