Monday, December 29, 2008

knitting update

The knitting isn't going so well.
Okay, take that back.
The knitting just isn't going.
What I mean to say is, if I was knitting, it would probably be going fine.
But I'm not knitting.

It's not for lack of desire, it's for lack of time. At times like this I am usually happy to squeeze in a row here and there, you know, a few minutes at a time. I'm always surprised just how far along I can get knitting that way. But for some reason, I am not content knitting intermittently. I think I must be waiting for a long stretch. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

It's funny, but I always forget that when MyFavoriteKid has a break from school, that does not mean a break for me. In fact, it's the opposite. I spend more time with him (which is good), but it's usually too active to be knitting.

Lucky for me one of his new pastimes is a team sport (basketball). I think I see one hour practice pockets on my horizon.

1 comments:

Ragnar said...

If you don't mind mind numbingly repetitious questions from the other team parents, yes, practice time is a great time to knit...or spin, but then the questions get downright irritating.

"What are you weaving?"
"Isn't that what old people do?"
"I should get you to make me a sweater."

Although maybe people in California don't do that. It could be a midwest thing.