Tuesday, April 13, 2010

fancy knittin'

It's been such a long time since I have finished something, but this has been soooo worth the wait (and the effort).






It's a super yummy scarf that is wide enough to be worn as a wrap. It's made out of a 50/50 merino wool & silk blend, dyed in gradations of grays through purples and then into lavender.

Link to Ravelry Project Page

Link to pattern
My mods:
Did “5x more” on the increase section, so scarf=95 sts wide (set-up used about 43g)
Did “14x more” on the straight section (ea repeat used about 12g)

The yarn is from my Crack Dealer (I mean, an Indie Yarn Dyer) at Twisted Fiber Arts
This was 3 skeins of the "Catnip" yarn base dyed in the colorway "Warlock" Evolutions (the top two photos are the most accurate color representation). I had 10g of yarn remaining.


Here's a shot of it blocking so you can see how the transitions played out. This scarf is knit on the bias, and there are dropped stitches to create that open work. (all you knitter folk know all this already because there have been what, close to 15,000 Clapotis knit so far?? I bet you have done one yourself! These explanations are for the non-knitters, just to keep them entertained)

The scarf blocked out to be 19”W x 75”L, so it's plenty ample...but super soft and squishy. I think we have a couple more chilly mornings on the radar, so I'll get to use it a few times this season before summer hits.

7 comments:

Mouse said...

*drools on the floor* OMG.. that's gorgeous! I love the colors!

~Donna~ said...

I still haven't knit a Clapotis. Don't know if I ever will.

~Donna~ said...

PS...yours is gorgeous tho, that yarn is something else!

Denise said...

love the yarn! and it looks so good on you.

Anonymous said...

Bee-yoo-ti-ful.

Love, Karen TDL

Gayle Grace, Professional Organizer said...

makes me wish I wasn't allergic to wool...really beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oy. I get lightheaded every time I see a blocking shot of a clapotis. I left mine unblocked, as the designer recommends and I love how the whole thing undulates.

Plenty of people block them and yours is lovely blocked or not. Clearly I need to get over my need for all Clapotis to be unblocked because I should not be having a physical reaction like that. At least I have the consolation of knowing that other knitters are at least as crazy as I am.