Thursday, July 01, 2010

so. let's see if i can save my own blog.

This year I am doing my own "Blog365" sort of thing (a post every day). From time to time, I follow along with NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, which has somehow become every month). Last month, the NaBloPoMo them was "Now".

This month, it is "Saved"...

...which is being described as:

The theme for July is SAVED. This month we want you to tell us about the things you've kept, rescued, or otherwise prevented from being lost forever.

I'm not entirely sure if I am going to jump on that bandwagon or not (because if I do, all you are gonna get is a month full of me telling you about sentimental things I can't seem to let go of....and three days of me re-telling you about my rescued animals). I might go for it. I might not. Pondering. They just announced the theme today.

What I figure I should at least try to save, however, is this blog.

It's been really quiet over here. Both on my end, and on yours, dear readers (if anyone is even out there...hark...do I hear crickets??). I think I have maybe had only one or two comments since they day I posted that I needed to blog about some things to get them off my chest, but didn't know how to do it when the people I needed to blog about actually read my blog.

It has been brought to my attention by more than one of you that I freaked y'all out, and some of you think it is you!
Whoops.
Sorry.

I don't have time to get into the nitty-gritty tonight (still packing, and we leave early in the morning)...but let me see if I can at least give you an overview.

I need to blog about my parents. I have no problem with my parents whatsoever. I love them very much, and we get along quite well. What I need to write about is how I am working through watching them (and me!) grow older. They both know it will probably end up here at some point soon....my dad just asked me to bring my normal humor to it. Which should be a piece of cake, 'cuz what else can you do but laugh in the face of aging, right? But I do worry I might be so candid I might piss them off.

I need to blog about dance class. I have no problem with my co-dance teachers, either. I love them very much, too. I need to write about what's going on with my relationship to being a teacher though, and how the whole thing fits (or perhaps does not fit) into my life right now. Writing about it here would be very helpful in sorting things out...but again, I worry about things being misconstrued.

I need to blog about the prosthetic. It aint going so well, and some of that is physical issues, but even more of it is mental issues. And although I have no idea if she reads regularly, the physical therapist knows I have a blog. I have no issue with her either....but I'm not sure I need her knowing the full inner workings of my brain on this subject.


So....you see what I mean? It's stuff like this. I have no issues with people. I have issues with how I am relating to certain things. It's just that people are involved, and they come here and read, and I don't want to upset them. Make sense??


I gotta go pack now. Tomorrow I'll see if I can finally spit it out and let you in on where I am going ;-)

10 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

Just write.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog and really enjoy it. I'm a below knee amputee (who can't deal withOUT the prosthesis) have two daughters. I like your voice and hearing about your interests: meditation, knitting etc. keep it up!

Maggie said...

Speaking as someone who has been reading you since ... well, since Sara's blog pointed you out to me (how many years ago was that?) ...

and, yes, as someone who has rarely commented ...

What you've just said is really clear and clean. From my perspective, if you're writing about what you need to write about, and working through your issues related to that stuff, 'tain't nobody's business but yours.

As you point out, you have no problem with the PEOPLE, so you're not writing to say "so-and-so is a @#$ jerk". If you say that, the way you did today, in a sentence or two -- say, added at the top of the entry after you've realized somebody might take something personally -- you'll be all right.

And, not incidentally, your readers will appreciate your candor.

I know I do.

Wishing you plenty of love, light and laughter in all you do

~Donna~ said...

chirpity chirp chirp :)

The Bon said...

teehee! I know where you're going! :D

Mouse said...

*hugs* You know I'm "here" whenever you need to talk...

vtcjan at yahoo dot com said...

I am not one of the people you are worried about offending; I just lurk! I like your blog a lot!

Lorena said...

I've been quiet just because I've been overwhelmed lately, and hardly have time to read blogs, let alone comment. But I'm here, and listening, and love the way you talk and the things you talk about. I forget how I found your blog - I have a vague recollection of a Secret Pal or Tea Swap thing from years ago, where they had a list of everyone participating and I clicked on your blog because the name made me smile. Obviously I've stuck around, even if I'm not always chatty. If I lived near you, you might get tired of how chatty I can be in real life, LOL! Keep writing. We'll keep reading.

Gayle Grace, Professional Organizer said...

This is absolutely a true story that happened to me... When I was approx 8 years old I got an Easter basket with a green stuffed bunny in it. I slept with that bunny all through college (and bit beyond, I must admit). Dumb Bunny got her name from my Aunt Cy who was disgusted by my always having to have "that dumb bunny" with me. Anyway, spin to 1983 and I am living in a studio apt in SF and moving into a one bedroom in the same building. I moved out, unpacked my stuff and was rolling along when on the third night of sleeping in my new apt I suddenly woke up and said out loud "where's dumb bunny?" I knew instantly I had not unpacked her, so I hopped out of bed and in my pj's back up to my old apt to discover Dumb Bunny in a garbage bag outside of my old apt door. A few more hours and DB would have been in the trash! DB is now in my linen trunk and she'll be with me forever - in my will I request that DB be cremated with me. I saved DB, or maybe it's the other way around.

not supergirl said...

Hi, I'm here to chime in that I'm still reading, even if I don't comment regularly. And I'm clear in Iowa, so no chance of me being any of those people who might misconstrue what you're saying. I do understand your concerns, though. Do what works best for you.
All my best to you.