Thursday, July 08, 2010

thursday

Still in Seattle. This is the last day of this trip for MyFavoriteKid, and it is the last night for me in Seattle before heading off to the retreat.

Today we only went to (in a significant downscale compared to the last few days):

...the Seattle Aquarium.




...and SeaTac airport.


...where I put MyFavoriteKid on a plane home to his dad's, where he will stay for the next week while I go to the retreat.

MyFK is 13 years old, and this is his first time flying alone. I was allowed to accompany him to the gate, but once he boarded and I was out of my sight, I had rocks in my stomach (what a dork I am). I even watched the plane until I couldn't see it anymore.

No matter how much logic I used, I couldn't shake the rocks feeling until MyFK texted me that his plane had landed, and his dad phoned to say that the kid transfer was complete and they were arm in arm.

Then I felt much better.

Enough better to shift in to a whooole different kind of vacation mood.

Amanda met me at my hotel (thank gawd 'cuz I was sick to death of driving and parking and finding my way around an unfamiliar town), and we had the girl version of a cocktails and a "romantic dinner"...




...lots of girly chit chat. Good food. Super fun. It was fabulous.
(still no photos of us, though--how lame!!)


I am now back in my room. I just had a really nice online video visit with TheMostImportantGuy, and I am now tucking myself into bed. Tomorrow, I have to look up how the heck to get to this retreat I am going to! I have all the details saved, but I haven't really taken a close look at it yet or mapped it out. I do know it involves a ferry ride, though :-)

2 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Glad you guys had a good vacation! Now it's AmpuTeeHee time :) Enjoy the retreat and don't forget to take pix. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karensu here! Glad you're having a good trip!

Have a gazillion people already pointed you at the video of the cat that now has two bionic feet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science_and_environment/10404251.stm

Hugs!