Saturday, October 16, 2010

snaps on saturday

I can't make up my mind which photo I like more, so you get them both.

This is Flash (MyFavoriteKid's gecko) sitting inside his "sauna" (a fake rock lined with moist moss), which he does right before he sheds. The first shot was taken while the heatlamp was on in his tank, the second with flash on the camera.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I have more to say about that (yesterday. my sister.):

  • Yesterday it was my sister's birthday. And I also went to see the dentist. I find that funny. What a combo.
  • I often wonder what my sister tells people when they ask her about her parents or if they ask if she has siblings. Does she say she never had siblings? Does she say her parents are alive or dead? Does she use the situation to make up some crazy fantastical stories?? Like her entire family was kidnapped during a home invasion, but she was hiding under the bed and was spared? And the burglars were dressed like clowns! Or maybe she tells people that she was left on the doorstep of an orphanage in a reed basket, and has no idea who her family is. I mean, if it were me, I'd make up all sorts of shit. Kind of like when I tell people that I lost my leg in a shark attack. (fyi: I don't really do that. I just think about doing that.)
  • And lastly (I hope. Because I'm kinda sick of thinking about her), I often fantasize that she is living a happy life. Maybe when she chose to estrange herself from her family it was an icky-doo-doo time in her life, but maybe, just maybe, her leaving her life behind gave her such a huuuuge clean slate, that she actually turned around and made an awesome new life for herself. And maybe getting back in touch with us would jeopardize things, and so that's why she doesn't do it. I'll never know. But I like to think that this is why she doesn't want contact.

In other news, I have finished a hat out of my own handspun (photos and info soon), I have had 3 migraines in 7 days, and I went to the zen center today for a full day of practice. And the Giants just won the first game of the playoffs. Woot!

2 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

What you said in the third bullet point.

Pickyknitter said...

Flash is a handsome devil! I always wanted a leopard gecko. That looks like a great tank setup.

WV: indar - He sure looks happy indar.