Wednesday, December 08, 2010

if i wore a mood ring it might be black

I don't have it in me to gussy this post up. You just get when you get when you come around here, because I am a daily blogger.

Everything is poo.

(how's that for gussy, eh?)

MyFavoriteKid stayed home sick from school, and when I emailed all of his teachers separately asking to keep me informed of what he was missing, they each announced that today was a big day. Tests, quizzes, projects in teams, new assignments being explained, and could I please swing by the office and pick up a packet?

I know I haven't even begun to talk here about the property TheMIG and I are in escrow on, but the inspection process has been a nightmare, and from the looks of the rounds of emails between the two agents today, the deal will probably fall through. Whatever. I'm so fed up with it all at this point that it might just be a relief.

TheMostImportantGuy got a call this morning to please leave work and head north to help his family sort through the DadInTheHospital stuff. It's bad. His Dad's got so many things malfunctioning at this point. There is something blocking an artery that brings blood into the digestive track. His kidneys are failing, the liver is doing the same, he's distended, jaundiced, there is ammonia or something backing up into his system (sorry, but I am getting this all via short calls and texts). They don't know if the blockage is a clot or tumor, but any surgery or blood thinners or whatever they would normally do to get it out, would take him out. He's too weak to undergo anything that intense. I'm sure I've gotten some of this wrong, or I am missing stuff entirely, but the general gist is that the family has been advised this is it, and the idea now is to keep him as comfortable as possible. I'm unclear on the timeframe, but whatever it is, it's too short.

I have become obsessed with the idea of knitting tights. It's like, fuck socks, screw hats and why bother with shawls or mitts or holiday decorations. I want tights. I want to cover myself in knitting. Cover.

I know the knitters out there see the connection between the last two paragraphs.

It rained all day, and the pets were either mopey or staring out the windows, or meowing and howling to go out. I made a huge pot of chicken soup, more than MyFK and I will ever be able to eat (and TheMIG is vegetarian). Just seemed like a big pot of comfort was good, and a bigger pot was even better.

I'm just....in a mood.

12 comments:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Wish I could do more than send you hugs via comments! XO

Jill said...

knitted tights and huge pots of chicken soup seem like a totally appropriate response to the stuff the world is shovelling at you just now.

Take care of yourself, so you've got the resources to take care of those around you.

FUZZARELLY said...

There might be some large and awkward package in you mailbox today that I hope will cheer you.

bibliogrrl said...

I wish I could say something that would make things start working out, but sadly, I don't.

I hope everything works out in ways they need to, and everyone is brought some comfort. I hope the MIG is holding up ok.

I would say take care of yourself, but you are. That's the best place to start.

Lorena said...

I have some deadline knitting that I'm going to be working on today; normally... well, you know. Deadlines. But today I will take a breath, and every stitch will be done with love for you and your MIG and his family. Every stitch will will have a hug, a breath, some peace, some love. Thousands of stitches today, and all that energy is for you and your MIG. You may never see the knitting but I hope you will feel the strength.

~Donna~ said...

{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Brooke said...

A big hug to you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Gwen said...

Love to you.

~Donna~ said...

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} also to the MIG and his family.

My family and I know what they are going thru...

Anonymous said...

*hugs* what to say when the shit hits the fan, I guess just that I hope it is all blown away soon and things get better. I agree that some tights might go a long way to fix things.

Kathy said...

Hang in there --- isn't it weird how so many things happen at once?

=Tamar said...

Knitting is good, but I hear LLBeane sells wool longjohns, which would be a lot faster.