Thursday, December 23, 2010

thankful

Ohhh, I just appreciate y'all so much :-) I really wish I could have you all over so we could hang out and drink hot chocolate and chat.

I can't say that I know everything there is to know about grief, but I really do understand the part about it being a process, and the layers, and the waves, and things taking time and all that. I have no problem at all being present for strong feelings, or digging around emotional muck. What I meant when I wrote yesterday's post was that I was quite surprised to find that I still haven't outgrown hiding behind a pile of (not even tasty) cookies and really bad television, when it comes to grief.
It was really nice of you guys to remind me that even that is okay :-)
~~~~

Somewhere in the middle of crazies of the last couple of weeks, something very very lovely came to me in the mail.


It is a beauuuuutiful handmade quilt/wallhanging sent to me by the talented Fuzzarelly. I was blown away when I opened it. I am so honored whenever someone gives me something they have made with their own hands (funny coming from someone who pretty much only knits for herself...maybe I should tweak that).

I don't know if it was just a crap shoot, or if Fuzzarelly has been keeping track of the color scheme around here, but will you get a load at how perfect it fits with the rest of my decor??





It hangs in the hallway that I pass through every time I enter and exit the house, so I get to see it lots, and it is a super happy piece that makes me smile every time I see it.
Thank you Fuzz :-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful quilt! What a lovely gift.

JennaKate said...

Glad to hear you're experiencing a little joy back in your corner of the world. Take care!