Friday, February 11, 2011

fibery fuzzy freebie friday

Alrighty, fiberistas (hey, does that mean a guy would be a fiberisto..??)

Here is this week's offering:


Funky Carolina
4oz Rambouillet
The Trapeze Swinger (August '10 Fiber Club)


Admittedly, the colors are a bit off by my camera. It's a wee bit whiter and brighter.
But it's lovely.
Trust me.
This month's spinning project for me is a FK colorway called "Complicated Soul" (ha).
Which reminds me. I never showed you how January's spin finished up, did I.....
I will take pics and do that.

Anywhoo. If you wants to get yer mitts on the fiber, leaving a comment will enter you in a drawing for it. I will draw next Thursday at noon and announce the winner next Friday when I post another item.

You can also comment and not enter, if ya' like---just say so, so I don't throw you into the hat ;-)

12 comments:

thestashattacked said...

Ooo... this fiber's pretty! Can't wait to see your spinning project, too! ;)

JoannaCos (Rav) said...

I really need to pull my wheel out of the craft closet. Poor gal's been stuck in there for months and I've been itching to spin! I love seeing how others spin and use their handspun yarn - post soon!

AllyB said...

Whoa, I've been absent for a bit and come back to a giveaway. What a beautiful braid. And I just happen to be spending most of my waking hours (when I'm not at work) spinning! I'm going to have to go back and comb through the posts I've missed to see what you've been up to. Happy Friday!

Gina said...

Oooooh! That is some fibery goodness fit for fiberistas/os. It would definitely give my feeble but improving spinning skills a workout.

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

That's really pretty! I'd love to be in the running for it - thank you!

Karen said...

It's awfully pretty but I am on the fence about learning how to spin. So here's the deal--throw me in the mix and if I win, I'll learn how to spin by St. Patrick's Day. If I don't win, I'll just keep knitting.

Pickyknitter said...

Hmmm I think it would be a Fiberster, like barrister. Either way, please enter me in the fiber drawing! I am glad your post-birthday week has gone well :)

idyllicchick said...

Oooo! Shiny! So pretty! And I could use some more fiber stash. :)

Natalie Servant said...

Oh, lovely stuff! It's great to be spinning now & have things like that actually mean something to me.

Lorena said...

I'm not entering, just commenting (I still feel so lucky about the tea, LOL!). Beautiful fiber - if I didn't have such a backlog of it myownself I might consider entering.

But mostly I just wanted to say that this is an absolutely brilliant idea, and I might have to gank it. I do have an awful lot of stuff sitting around my house that I'm not using, that could go to better homes...

Jodie said...

Put me in the pool. Lovely fibery goodness.

barb said...

ooh, ooh, pick me.
I don't believe I've ever posted a comment before, but I love yer blog. Such gorgeous fiber. I guess that's all it took for me to be a commenter. hmmmm.