Monday, June 13, 2011

close

I have worried about this since the day we moved in 4 years ago.

There's my house (the light blue one):


And that big patch of black on the empty hillside behind my house was made by a fire yesterday!

YIKES!!!


I have to wonder if there were some shennanigans going on up there on that hill yesterday. From about 5am, and running every 10 minutes or so, all day long, my dog Riley was in the back yard barking like he was going bananas. Every time I looked around, I didn't see anything. But I swear that a couple of times it smelled like someone was smoking grass (and not the grass growing on the hillside, if ya' know what I mean).

All is well, no damage to any of our homes. Thank goodness it happened on a Sunday afternoon and all the neighbors were around to break out their hoses and call the fire department!

0 comments: