Wednesday, October 12, 2011

nice.

Perfect, perfect day for a day trip to the hot springs, lemme tell ya'. It was in the upper 70's, and just after a rainy weekend. I got off to a bit of a late start, because MyFavoriteKid informed me that morning band practice had been cancelled because the older kids are taking their PSAT's this morning. That meant he started school at 8:30am instead of 7:00am.

Oh well.

Short visit. But good visit.

I packed fruit and a thermos of hot oatmeal for the ride up, plus some hot tea. The drive through the valley was lovely. The leaves in the vineyards are just beginning to turn. I got past the valley and started to climb the windy mountain road up and over into the next valley, and the road was "smoooooth like buttah" because it had just been repaved. Nobody was behind me for the entire climb or descent, so I was able to drive like I do (like a grandma).

The hot springs was pretty quiet this morning, but it got a little crowded and chatty by the time I left (ie perfect timing), and I got to soak and hit the sauna, and sit on the redwood deck under the fig tree and eat....you guessed it....steamed vegetables.

Good day, all in all....except for arriving back home to a house that is covered in dog hair and a pile of laundry.

But I'm trying to ignore that!

0 comments: