Wednesday, July 04, 2012

1st re-birth-aversary

It's never just going be Independence Day anymore.
For me, July 4th will always also be Riley's Re-Birth Day.



It was around 7:30am this time last year when poor Riley was attacked by a pit bull.   He didn't heal well from it due to some crazy strains of infection, and we had weeks of hot compresses, spoon feedings, and medications.  We almost lost him, it cost us thousands in vet bills, but he finally healed, and because his jaw was also broken, he now has a crooked smile....


...which I am thrilled to wake up to every morning.


Have a great 4th!!  :-)


2 comments:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Awww! Happy re-birth day Riley. I'm so sorry that happened to you but I'm so glad to see you looking completely adorable and happy!

Kimberly said...

Look at this boo boo!!!! I want to cuddle him!