Sunday, July 08, 2012

so so pretty here

Less words, more photos...because it is just so beautiful here, and I am having a fabulous time :-)

Driving west towards the ferry.....


Preparing to dock in Port Townsend....



A flight of 1 oz samplers at the Port Townsend Brewing Company....



A deer on the lawn of Bed & Breakfast in a quiet neighborhood....



Okay.  A few words.
The deer was so still, we thought he or she might have been a victim of taxidermy!  For almost a full minute we sat there watching, and there was not a twitch!  Then verrrry slowly, one ear slowwwwly rotated.  I even wondered for a moment if someone inside the B&B was sitting in there with a remote control operating it! hahahaha 
(but he/she was real)

A shot of a tall ship taken from Uptown....



And one of the many many MANY little churches around here.....



So, I am not sure if I have mentioned this or not!
The real reason for this road trip is that I am here in Port Townsend for a spinning retreat with Judith MacKenzie, specifically for people who have Hansencraft miniSpinners (and I am a happy keeper of one).  

Tonight was the meet-n-greet at the hotel, followed by Kevin (Mr Hansencraft himself) demonstrating care and maintenance.



After the evening gathering, TheMIG and I took a walk together along the waterfront and caught the sunset.


Tomorrow TheMIG goes exploring, and I begin 2 full days of spinning and learning! :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! It is gorgeous there; I'm thinking about you. And let's not pour any more olives in the lap...