Wednesday, September 19, 2012

seventh blogiversary

SEVEN YEARS ...whoa! Time flies when you're writing a bunch of nonsense, doesn't it?!!
hahahahahaha



I've had some ups and downs this past year with the blog, and I even took the month of August "off" to be a little "less post-y" and think about what keeping this blog really means to me.  I'm am embarrassed to say that I never quite figured that out.  Somewhere in there during the month of August, the attack on my dog took place, and it sort of short circuited my mental process. I just sort of creeped back in here for September without saying a word, in case you didn't notice. LOL

During the August hiatus, I at least figured out these two things, though (and I wouldn't say I figured them out, as I sorta knew these two things already...but I did at least confirm these two things):

1) I love the practice of blog posting every day, I do it for myself, and it is an important practice that I am not about to stop any time soon.

2) I am so happy that y'all are along for the ride....whatever this ride thing IS that I am doing here.  I don't say thanks often enough, but really truly, I so much appreciate the fact that you are here.  I feel like I am never alone (and for me, that is a very big deal).


SO!
How about we celebrate with a little blogiversary raffle, eh?

Leave a comment on this post by the end of the month, or if that doesn't work for you because the comment system here is wacko or because you prefer to be a lurker, then email me instead at AmpuTeeHee{at}hotmail{dot}com.  I will throw all the names into a hat, and I'll announce a winner October 1st.  Then I' will mail you these little prezzies....


When you get them you can buy yourself some new music (ten bucks) and than you can take yourself and a friend out for a cup of something-something and a snack on me (twenty-five bucks).

Deal?
Deal!!!

Thanks again to all of you for visiting my little corner of the internet :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, I still can't get over the fact it's been seven years, though!  I sort of have this theory about how things go in seven year cycles, so what does that mean for the blog?!!!!   I have no plans, but maybe nature will take its own course!
 
 

17 comments:

The Bon said...

hooray for another year!

Kerry said...

Happy blogiversary!!! Here's wishing you another 7 wonderful years! And then some. ;-)

Viki said...

I'm pretty new to your blog (less than a year) but I love that you post regularly. It keeps me coming back for more. Congratulations on the anniversary. I look forward to reading more and learning more about you. Maybe I'll even comment more.

Janice in GA said...

I enjoy accompanying you on your journey here. :)

Stay awesome!

Donnaj said...

I really enjoy your blog, it is the first one to come up as they are in alpabetical order. Thanks

Gina said...

Happy blogiversary!!! I have really enjoyed watching your life unfold - the new digs, the gigantic remodel, your dancing, and all of the happenings (good and not so good) with your furry friends and less furry human friends and family.

You are truly an awesome woman, and I thank you more than you know for sharing your heart with us.

Mountaingmom said...

I found you on Rav and have been a lurker on your blog every since. Even went back to day one and read forward. Your attitude and humor inspire me.

JB said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm a lurker, but love reading your blog, especially fun hearing about your house renovation.

JB said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm a lurker, but love reading your blog, especially fun hearing about your house renovation.

Cate said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Knitika said...

Oh hell, may as well delurk. You sure are an intrepid blogger! I must have found your blog on rav sometime, now it's on my RSS feed and I always follow the various adventures. Happy knitting!

Unknown said...

I started reading after I read about your puppy! But I kept reading since then. :)

Jean said...

I'm coming out of lurkdom too! I love the fact that you blog every day. And it's all interesting!

Anonymous said...

Seven years??? You are my blogging hero. Congrats.

~Donna~ said...

Congrats on your blogiversary.

Just roll with it and let the words flow out as they may.

We enjoy reading it. :)

not supergirl said...

Happy blogiversary. :) I don't need to be included in the drawing, just wanted to wish you congratulations on doing this for 7 years.

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog, as well as your projects on Ravelry. I have added to my queue based on some of your selections. Have another good 7.