Saturday, September 14, 2013

snaps on Saturday


My Grammy Faye (left), circa 1980-something, I'm guessing...with her sister. Depending on who you ask, my Grammy crossed over either 2 minutes before I arrived, or 2 minutes after. I'm in the 2 minutes after camp. I felt her chest moving underneath my hand and when I played her audio messages recorded just for her that were from my Mom, Dad, MyFavoriteKid, and TheMostImportantGuy, I asked her if she could hear them and she made a swallowing noise...and when I asked her again, she swallowed again. Maybe she was 6 inches outside her body, who knows. I am here withh family through tomorrow late morning. In a bit of a state. More to process.

3 comments:

Lorena said...

Love you, sweetheart. XOXO

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were able to be there. XO to you.

not supergirl said...

Oh my, just catching up here. I'm so sorry for your loss. Like the previous poster above, I'm also very glad you could be there. Good vibes heading your way from the Midwest.