My Grammy Faye (left), circa 1980-something, I'm guessing...with her sister.
Depending on who you ask, my Grammy crossed over either 2 minutes before I arrived, or 2 minutes after.
I'm in the 2 minutes after camp. I felt her chest moving underneath my hand and when I played her audio messages recorded just for her that were from my Mom, Dad, MyFavoriteKid, and TheMostImportantGuy, I asked her if she could hear them and she made a swallowing noise...and when I asked her again, she swallowed again.
Maybe she was 6 inches outside her body, who knows.
I am here withh family through tomorrow late morning. In a bit of a state. More to process.
I've been doing life on one leg since '04, and I have no problem finding the humor in it.
I am also:
* a single mom (to MyFavoriteKid)
* a sweetheart (to TheMostImportantGuy)
* a longtime knitter and newbie spinner
* a practicing buddhist
* a volunteer at convalescent hospitals
* a retired caterer and dedicated foodie
* a professional dance teacher and performer (yes, on just the one leg!)